Sunday, August 25, 2013

I'm back...



Wow, it's hard to believe it's been about 4 months since I last blogged.  A lot has hanged since then including a 2000 kilometer move .  My journey started earlier this year when my  81 year old mother was diagnosed with lung cancer and scheduled for surgery to remove it.  She pulled through the surgery with flying colors but then developed some blood clots which led to her having a small heart attack and then a blockage in one of her legs requiring further surgery.  For awhile there it was not looking very promising.

We decided to leave our jobs and move back to the east coast where she lived (and where I grew up) so that she could remain in her home with our assistance and companionship. It was a sudden decision and we didn't have a lot of time  and so we were very occupied with sorting, packing and making arrangements to move our home and cats.  My mother is a real dear and has made these changes easy to adjust to, and I'm happy to say that  she has recovered very well from all that she went through and has been declared cancer-free.  She's a real trooper and an inspiration!  We are still looking for new jobs but are hopeful we will soon find something.  In the meantime I will have lots of time to experiment with new recipes and ideas to blog about! 


1 comment:

  1. I am really looking forward to reading new posts from you sis. I know this has been a HUGE adjustment for you and Dan, and was not an easy decision for you guys to make, and came with great sacrifice. As your sister I am so very grateful that you were able to do this and I know mom is too. I am looking forward to all that you may share with us! Steady on! (PS-new jobs will come. Just be positive and remain faithful. You've done the right thing an will be rewarded for it.) Love you muchly! xxoo

    ReplyDelete