Friday, November 30, 2012

Fun foodie penpals!

FPP post Foodie Penpals 




Last month I heard about this group thing called Foodie Penpals.  You sign up for it and then you are paired with one person to send a food package to and one that you will receive a package from.  I thought it sounded like a fun thing to do and it would be interesting as well.   Who doesn't like gifts or surprises!  If you would like to know more about this group or how to participate please visit  The Lean Green Bean.

I was paired to receive a foodie penpal package from a gal named Leslie who co-incidentally also lives in the same city as I.   We tried to arrange a meeting in person but Leslie (who is a student at the local college) had exams and I had work and other matters which kept us both too busy.  We decided a drop off would work well for us both and I was very excited to find her package on my front porch.





Packed in a cute little canvas bag was an assortment of fabulous goodies!   Leslie chose items sure to put anyone in the holiday mood....candycane green tea, gingerbread granola, and blueberry licorice as well as a Larabar, some cute recipe cards to write on, and a nice handwritten personal note.  All of these things are healthy and tasty and I know I am going to enjoy them!



I  had the pleasure of sending Krista in Toronto a package.  This has been such a fun and positive experience for me and I am looking forward to participating again when it starts back up in January.  Thanks again Leslie, and good luck with your studies!


Update:  The gingerbread granola is divine and I can understand why Leslie told me it was her favorite!



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I am really pleased that you are getting in to this blogging world and making new friends through it. I love these sorts of exchanges. I live too far away though for it to be viable for me. It's just so expensive shipping things very far away, unless you do them sea mail and I am not a sea mail kinda person! Looks like you were given a lovely package and now I am wondering what you sent to your recipient??? Put us out of our misery!! Love you with all of my heart sis!!! Cooked anything from Jamie yet??
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete